PLEASE VISIT www.GazetteCuteKids.com for this years Gazette Cute Kids Contest.
PHOTO SUBMISSION PERIOD
The photo submission period for The Gazette Cutest Kids Contest (the “Contest”) begins at 12:00 a.m. Central Time (“CST”) on Tuesday, April 24, 2012 and ends at 11:59 p.m. CST online on Thursday, May 31, 2012 (the “Submission Period”).
To enter a child and/or vote for a child you must have reached your 18th birthday on or before May 31, 2012. Child must be under the age of 6 as of May 31, 2012. The Gazette reserves the right to verify proof of age. Child’s name, parents’ or legal guardian(s)’ names, and phone numbers, must be included with all entries. A child entered in the contest must be legal residents of the United States and live within The Gazette distribution area. Photos must be submitted by a parent, legal guardian18 years or older and/or have the consent of the parent, legal guardian. All legal residents of the United States are eligible to vote. Entry into the contest constitutes the entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these rules, terms and conditions. Employees of Bliss Communications, Inc. The Gazette and its affiliates, subsidiaries and their immediate family members are not eligible to win.
HOW TO ENTER THE CONTEST AND SUBMIT A PHOTO; ENTRY FEE.
There are two (2) ways to enter the Contest:
1. Online Entrants should log on to the Gazette (the “Publication”) website at www.gazettextra.com/contest - then click 2012 Cute Kids Contest, then complete registration and submission process to include uploading photo, submit copy in required fields, pay the entry fee.
2. Mail or delivered: Entrants should mail the entry form, fee and photo to: The Gazette, Attn: Cute Kids P.O. Box 5001, Janesville, WI 53547-5001. Entrants may deliver the entry form, fee and photo to: The Gazette, One South Parker Dr., Janesville, WI 53545. Photos will not be returned to the Entrant.
Entries for the Contest will not be accepted through e-mail or via facsimile.
The Gazette, Bliss Communications, Inc. will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, postage due, misdirected or illegible entries..
FEES For online entries for the Contest (the “Entry Fee”) is $18.00 (credit card). For mailed or delivered entries for the Contest (the “Entry Fee”) is $23.00 (cash, check, credit card).
CONTEST RULES 1. The object of the Contest is to showcase to The Gazette Readership area “Cute Kids”.
2. Child must be under the age of 6 as of May 31, 2012.
3. Entry of the Photo in the Contest must be authorized by the parent or legal guardian of the child (the “Consent”). The Entrant will be required to submit the Consent to The Gazette upon request.
4. Limit of one photo submission per child, “Cute Kid.”
5. The Photo must be of one child only. No other persons should appear in the Photo.
6. All kids must be wearing a minimum of a full coverage diaper in the Photo.
7. The Photo must be in natural color or black and white.
8. Photos that have been altered, manipulated or enhanced using computer software programs will not be accepted. Minor adjustments to the Photo such as lightening or darkening areas of the Photo, slight contrast or color adjustments and cropping are acceptable. If The Gazette determines a Photo has been altered, manipulated or enhanced, The Gazette reserve the right to reject the Photo.
9. By entering the Contest, Entrant represents, acknowledges and warrants that the submitted Photo is an original work created solely by the Entrant, that the Photo does not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, and that no other party has any right, title, claim or interest in the Photo.
10. The Photo must not contain obscene, provocative, defamatory, sexually explicit, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content. The Gazette retains sole discretion as to what constitutes Inappropriate Content.
11. All Photos become the property of The Gazette and may be used by The Gazette for marketing or any other commercial purpose. The Photos will not be returned to the Entrant.
Members of the general public will be invited to view the Photos by going to the Website to vote for Cute Kids. Voting will take place May 14, 2012 through 11:59 p.m. CST June 1, 2012. Voting is limited to persons eighteen (18) years of age or older. The use of any automated system to submit Votes is prohibited and will result in disqualification of the Votes. The Gazette will not be responsible for misdirected Votes. Entrants are prohibited from obtaining Votes by any fraudulent or inappropriate means, including, without limitation, offering prizes or other inducements to members of the public, as determined by The Gazette in its sole discretion.
Voters are valued at $.50 per vote. A minimum of 20 votes for $10 is required for each voting sessions. There is no maximum limit to the number of times one can vote and there in no maximum limit to the numbers of votes. A portion of the proceeds to benefit Gazette Newspapers in Education.
USE of EMAIL ADDRESSES
By participating in the registration, submission and voting Phase of the Contest, you agree to opt-in to receive e-mail communications from The Gazette. If Voters choose to opt out of such future communications from The Gazette, they will be able to do so by following the instructions on any electronic communications sent by The Gazette. Upon opting-out, The Gazette will no longer send e-mail messages to the Voter. A Voter’s choice to opt out will not affect any Votes cast in this Contest.
At the conclusion of the Voting Phase, the Photo to receive the highest number of Votes will be declared the winning Photo. In the event of a tie, a random drawing among the tied Photos will be conducted by The Gazette to determine the winning Photo.
The parent or legal guardian of the winner(Cute Kid). will be awarded photo studio session and photo package courtesy of Rosenbrook Studios of Janesville. Photos of the winner(Cute Kid) must be completed prior to Friday June 8, 2012. The winner’s studio photo will publish on the cover of the 2012 Gazette Cute Kids section on Saturday, June 30, 2012. The parent or legal guardian of the winner will be notified by phone and email. The parent or legal guardian of the winner must sign an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release in order to be eligible to accept the prize. The parent or legal guardian of the winner must make arrangements with Rosenbrook Studio on Monday, June 4, 2012 to schedule a photo session.
Odds of winning depend on the number of votes received.
No substitution or transfer of the prize will be allowed, except at the sole discretion of The Gazette. The Gazette reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. All local, state and federal taxes incurred by accepting a prize will be the sole responsibility of the Winner. The prize has no cash value and may not be redeemed for cash at any time. All decisions of The Gazette regarding the Contest are final.
By entering, Entrants agree to comply with these Official Rules and the decisions of The Gazette, which are binding and final, and release The Gazette, and each of its divisions, affiliates, parent companies, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and anyone associated with the production of this Contest, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from any and all liability for any claims, injuries, losses or damages (including attorneys fees) of any kind arising out of their participation in this Contest or resulting from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize. The potential prize winners waive the right to assert as a cost of winning the prize any and all costs of verification and redemption or travel to redeem said prize and waives any liability or claims (including attorneys fees) which might arise from redeeming or seeking to redeem said prize. In the event of non-compliance with these Official Rules, or if prize notification is returned to The Gazette as undeliverable, if prize is refused or cannot be accepted for any reason, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected in a random drawing. Upon forfeiture or refusal, no compensation will be given. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to use the winner's name, photograph, likeness, Contest submissions and/or statements attributed to winners regarding the Contest, for advertising and publicity purposes without further compensation or consent. All entries become the property of The Gazette. This Contest is void where prohibited. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
This Contest is not intended for gambling. If it is determined that an Entrant is using the Contest for gambling purposes, he/she will be disqualified and reported to authorities.
The Gazette and its affiliates reserve the right to use any and all information related to the Contest, including information on Entrants obtained through the Contest, for marketing purposes or any other purpose, unless prohibited by law.
The Gazette and their affiliates reserve the right to change the rules of the Contest at any time.
This contest is officially sponsored by Janesville Gazette.